Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Flight

Ready to leave for the airport. Bob and Rahul drop us off 2 hours before the Swiss Air flight is due to take off. Last minute pressure at home along with the realisation that we will be away for 6 months takes it toll on us. Emotions run a little high. Yannick is hugging the dogs. Chica is sad. Doofy loves the extra attention. Ajji has tears in her eyes she can't hide. Finally we're on our way.

We get to the immigration counter and the officer waives Anu and Yannick through. He then looks at my card and asks me what kind of films I direct… South Indian films? … he asks. I say No, small independent Hindi films, almost apologetically. Which was your last film, he asks.  Barah Aana I mutter, and he says 'I love that film' Vijay Raaz is fantastic and Nasseeruddin Shah brilliant. He shakes my hand and we're off to the best start we could've dreamt possible.

The flight was comfortable, the seats ok, drank a little, slept a little, watched a few films... Wasn't impressed with True Grit, thought Stone was superb as was The Kings Speech. Yeah I did see more than a few films.

Zurich arrived, then JFK, still very un eventful. We take the shuttle to Newark (get kids fare for Yannick - very exciting) and reache Newark in 45 mins. Apparently that is unheard of. Anyway, Sharad picks us up and we're home. A little tired but determined to stay awake till at least 8 pm.

unni 

No comments:

Post a Comment